Pages

May 08, 2015

Style - Mini Rodini, A brand We Love

Ahh.. What a week. After a long weekend well spent in Pontianak and Singkawang, here we are again stranded in our busy routine at the office with Ishtar playing safe in her governess's good hands. Nothing new, and nothing interesting happen until yesterday, a package came. Yayy.. after a few days delay, it actually arrived safely and save me from my boredom. It's not a mere package for me, it's Mini Rodini. 

If you're following my Instagram, maybe you're already know that I'm addicted to Mini Rodini, a Scandinavian brand from Sweden. You know, sometime social media like Instagram is a poison to our grocery shopping list. If you can't hold yourself, you'll end up buying more and more. Just like me. My addiction to Mini Rodini started a long ago while I'm searching for an inspiration to dress four months old Ishtar. Me and my husband coincidentally didn't like that pinky, princess or cartoon print kids clothing with ribbon and itchy lace from head to toe. Can we just dress our kids in a simple cozy clothes but still presentable as a kid without looking too old for their age? That's what our thought saying that day. So, I start my hunting session in IG, until at some point I stumble upon a photo of a kid wearing a toucan print dress. 

It was love at first sight actually. My oh my.. It looked so cool to me. Toucan bird on a kid's clothes? How cool is that? While that big bird with bright orange bills reminds me so much of my childhood in my birthland which is their native habitat, seeing the print wore by a white kids made it feels like its a symbol of unlimited, borderless, wild imagination of a kid's life. It seems so me. Of course I want Ishtar life to be far better than mine. She has to live her life to the fullest, push her dream and aim and effort to the limit, living her dream out. That's what I tought when I saw that photo. How cool is that? 

So, I started digging on the brand which later I know to be Mini Rodini. A Stockholm based children clothing line founded in 2006 by Cassandra Rodin. And the rest is history. LOL. I end up having numerous collection from several seasons they already launched.

One other thing interesting about Mini Rodini besides their quirky bold print is they name each of their season with quirky name also. Their latest is called See You Later Alligator for Spring/Summer 2015 as for Autumn/Winter 2014 and 2013 are Quel Carousel and Mini Zoologist respectively. 

Ishtar in Mini Rodini SS15 - See You Later Alligator

Ishtar in Mini Rodini AW14 - Quel Carousel

Ishtar in Mini Rodini SS14 - Mini Zoologist




And one more photo. This dress in a certain size are soldout anywhere. So, if you see them somewhere, go grab them, hoard them if needed. Because they gone when the gone. And you might find them whatsoever, in double price. Don't say that I didn't warn you LOL.

Ishtar after a vaccine shot in the sought after Mini Rodini Pug dress.



No comments: